Feeling good in my maternity clothes

Having the opportunity to feel life grow inside your body is a blessing!

Image taken from THIS SITE
I'm now in my 28th week of pregnancy. I just entered my last trimester. I guess that I can say that the frugal part of me is so happy because I didn't even had to buy any maternity clothes (yet)... Does it mean that I didn't gain weight? No, of course not! Gaining weight is a part of pregnancy. Not that I am a stranger to weight gain since I'm a plus-size!

The main reason is that I favored stretchable clothes before. I'm not into jeans or cotton blouses either, as I prefer lycra. I guess that's why I was able to save money.

At the same time, pregnancy is already hard enough. I think that being to wear the same clothes that I wore before made me feel a bit better.

Let's take for example, this dress...


I bought it at the SM Plus Size section. I can't remember how much is it but I guess it's somewhere at around Php 500, as I don't really spend a thousand for a dress. I love this dress. I've had it for years and I guess with proper care, it could actually last for quite a long time.

I was thinking that I won't even be able to wear it anymore once I found out that I was pregnant, but then...




I was still able to squeeze myself in it well into my 28th week of pregnancy! Hooray! The color didn't fade. It was just the filter that I used to soften the photo. The color is still pretty much the same though. Thank goodness for stretchable dresses!

Now, pants...
I still wear them ... sometimes. Again, I just wear stretchable/garterized ones. I just had to cut the garter off so that I could still wear them. I can just stitch them back up once I have given birth.

Now, there are plenty of maternity clothes hacks that you can watch on youtube. I believe that I need to save up as much money as I can for the little one rather than just splurge on myself. Although, it would be nice to do so. hehehe. I mean, it's not like you can be pregnant forever,right? Might as well enjoy the journey. If that includes buying clothes that make you feel like a princess, then do so! I guess that I'm just lucky that my choice of clothes were able to accommodate my expanding waist.

What's more important at the end of the day is to just feel comfortable with what you are in. Whether the clothes are old or new, the attitude is the one that counts the most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To my Son... this is our pregnancy story

Pregnancy woes and how I stay positive through it all...

Being a mother and a solo parent