My growing stash of pocket diapers for the little one

As the due date of my baby is nearing, I have to make sure that I buy my little ones' stuff little by little. I started off by investing in cloth diapers since I have heard a lot of things about it being cheaper in the long run and eco-friendly as well.  I'm just like any other mamas out there who want the best for their little ones. But hey, don't get me wrong, I have bought stocks of disposable diapers as well. Since I'm new in the baby business, I want to try out things that I have never had a chance to try before.

Anyway, as I continue my research about cloth diapers, I was honestly overwhelmed by all the information out there. It is so confusing! If you reached this post because you are looking for an easy way to understand cloth diapers, then I'm sorry but I don't think I can actually clarify everything with just one post. The only thing that I know is the type of cloth diaper that I have bought and that would be the pocket-type. However, THIS LINK contains a very simple yet informative post regarding the different types of cloth diapers.


Now to avoid more confusion, let's just simplify things. Believe me, I have been there! Jusmio! Nakakalito ang cloth diaper world! Therefore, I will just use the terms:
  • "Lampin" for the usual & traditional flat diapers and...
  • "Pockets" for the modern & cuter type of cloth diapers
Since this post is about the pocket-type, then what follows herein would be all about it. I bought mine in SM Makati for Php200 (the ones with cute designs) and Php100 (for the plain ones) each.The brand is Hush Hush. Since I don't really have a freakin' idea what I am really buying, I don't think I need to buy the most expensive,right? I tried looking for the cheapest (Yes, I'm a cheapskate!) & compared it with the expensive ones too. As I went around SM, I realized that the material is basically just the same. So, I guess I don't need to buy the expensive ones if the only thing that I would be paying for is the name. So, I grabbed a couple of them. Every time I passed by the baby section on the way home before my days off, I grab a couple more until I was able to build a decent amount of cloth diapers waiting to be used.


So now, I have 16 pieces of these pocket diapers. I plan to add more later on. Maybe it's better to have at least 20 just to make sure that I have enough with me.

The good thing about cloth diapers is that you can even sell it once you are done with it. I have seen second hand cloth diapers on Facebook Marketplace. Personally, I don't mind buying them. I'm sure it's gonna be cheaper & that it's going to be quite absorbent. I would just have to strip them clean to make sure that they are ready for my little one. I should have just checked it out first before I bought mine.

Now, let's get down to the details of what I have with me...
This is how a pocket-type diaper looks like. 


The fleece lining inside is so soft!


They call it pocket because it has this opening in between the outer- waterproof layer & the inner layer. You stuff the insert before you put it on.


Now, what the heck is an insert?
Basically, when you buy a cloth diaper, it would have an insert, most probably a micro-fiber insert, just like this ....

When I went around in different department stores, I found out that they do sell separate inserts. I just found micro-fiber and cotton inserts. though There is this one from the brand Curity which goes for P129 for 3 inserts, I think.

And some unbranded inserts that I found in the Landmark Makati baby section. The microfiber is for 150 for 5 pcs & 220 for 10pcs of cotton inserts. I believe Landmark is cheaper compared with SM.

I believe that you can even make your own inserts out of the lampins that you have. You can just fold it in the size of the inserts so that you can put it underneath the micro-fiber to boost the absorbency or if you have a great sewing skill, then you can just sew it to make it look like an insert. I saw a video of it somewhere on youtube.

I don't know a lot about cloth diapers, in general, but I'm thinking that maybe later on, I can just make my own cotton inserts from the birds eye diaper that I have. I don't know though. I'll just know it once the opportunity is here. I know that the experience of being a mother is going to be a very humbling one.

That's it for now!
Until the next cloth diaper post...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To my Son... this is our pregnancy story

Pregnancy woes and how I stay positive through it all...

Feeling good in my maternity clothes